Thursday, June 08, 2006

Scrapcrazy

Alright so I should be doing this because it is an easy way to keep in touch with my friends and family, that is part of the reason...but another part is because I have become OBSESSED with scrapbooking. I was reading a magazine and it suggested that you keep some kind of journal, online or whatever, so that way when you went back and actually scrapbooked the pictures from that day you would already have the journaling done. This will work well for me since I have completed two pages for Mason's scrapbook in the 14 months of his life!! But this is a way for me to kill two birds with one stone. Friends and family can be kept up to date and I can refer back to my blog when journaling for scrapbooks needs to be done. Any how, today was a kind of rollercoaster day. I had a pretty crappy day at work but was able to leave early. I came home and was delighted when my little man came running to greet me after shouting, "Hi Dadda!" with his big four tooth grin! Yes I, as well as all other family members are refered to as Dadda. When Mason is addressing someone other than a family memeber it is just Hi. We are working on learning everyone's names, but I think he thinks it is cute (which it is) so he just continues calling everyone Dadda. After getting some love from my little one I got ready and we went to work out at the gym. I am still working on loosing the 50+ pounds I gained while I was pregnant! We had to drop Mason off at the Kids Klub which is always an ordeal. As soon as we walk in he clings to us and if we try to put him down he will lift his legs up so we can't set him on his feet, I guess he hasn't realized yet that we can set him on his bum, or maybe he just hasn't found a way to avoid that! When we walked in there was only one other kid in there and he was inside the tunnels of the play structure banging on the walls and saying all this stuff that he thought everyone understood. I quickly realized that the sweet child making all this noise was none other than Jared, as know as the BEAST! This is the little boy we have been watching occasionally for the past few months and it has been a challenge to say the least. I could go on for a while on the experiences we have had with this kid, but I will leave that subject for another day. Any how, I ended up leaving Mason screaming in the arms of the girl in the Kids Klub with his Nerds to help calm him down. I went back to check on him about 10 minutes later and he was climbing out of a car and was perfectly content. This always makes me happy to see, I would hate for my kid to be one of those kids (Jared) who whines for hours upon hours "I want my mommy." I feel bad leaving him screaming but he always calms down and is always happy to see us when we come to get him. We have four more months until nursery so we will have to work on the screaming part between now and then. Anyways, we left the gym and came home and had lunch. Mason was content in my lap with his bottle of milk and was half asleep when Todd brought me my lunch of left over rice pilaf and Mason sat up immediatly. Whenever anyone is eating he thinks they should share with him. He is like a little puppy dog when the food is out, he goes from person to person begging a bite from everyone. It is pretty entertaining to watch. So after he had helped me out by eathing half my bowl of rice he settled in on my lap to enjoy some tv time before his nap. And then Jared arrived. Whenever Jared is around Mason has a really hard time relaxing. He gets nervous when Jared starts crying, which is often. Luckily Jared was asleep so his dad lay him in Mason's crib and ofcourse as soon as he hit the matress his eyes popped right open. His dad said to leave him in there because he hadn't been sleeping that long...two hours later he was still crying. This is pretty much a daily thing weather he is at home or at our house. Well long story short we were all pleased when Jared's dad arrived to pick him up. After Sierra, the little girl we watch, was picked up Mason and I went to run some errands aka going to a scrapbook store! When we got there they had little pinwheels and spinning things for your yard out in the front. Mason is obsessed with these things since Grandma Glenda got him a flower one from the dollar store. Being the strong little boy that he is he pulled the flower off the stick and we couldn't fix it. So I decided to get Mason another one. Probably wasn't a good idea. By the time we left the store he had his new flower in four pieces! I think this one can be saved though! After Mason and I had dinner with Todd at work we went to Fred Meyer. I found a little plastic chair for Mason. When we got home he plopped down on his chair to watch Thomas. He thinks he is a pretty big boy now and I have to realize that he is. I can't believe how much he has grown and changed in the past 14 months. It has gone by so quickly! I cherish each day with him and look forward to being there as he discovers more of the world around him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Wow Ashley! You are definitely "up with the times"! Well, guess what? Now, so am I, because they made me create my own Blog page before they would let me post a comment to yours! :o)
When you were talking about leaving Mason at the daycare at the gym, I was thinking that will help when he starts going to the Nursery at Church! I hope he will get over the screaming before then too!
I don't know how long they let you "ramble" here, but I'll close for now!
Love you! ~Mom

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home