Friday, June 09, 2006

Today after work I went to my sister-in-law Larua's house and got my hair cut. She runs a salon from her house which is cool for us because she can cut our hair for us. After getting my hair cut we took the boys and Sierra to Papa's Pizza. I have learned as a parent that you plan events based on how much your child would enjoy them, it is no fun trying to have your kid sit in one place for a long time, it just makes it easier to give them stuff to entertain them. This place has a huge play room with a big play structure and a small one for littler kids, a big ball pit with playground balls, and one of those horse rides they have outside the grocery stores. We visit this resturant frequently, and not because we love the pizza (the pizza is not that great), but because the boys love to play. Mason's favorite place is the big ball pit. It has two basketball hoops inside and he always tries to make a basket. It is so funny to watch him in there because he just goes from one side to another throwing each ball out of his way one at a time to clear his path. Then he makes his way back. Whenever it is time to get out of the ball pit he gets very upset. Sometimes I wish that his bedroom was a giant ball pit, that would keep him occupied for hours. Todd and I bought Mason a small inflatable ball pit with two little basketball hoops for his birthday but our cats have punctured one of the hoops and one level of the wall but he still loves it. When he first got it he would take all 50 balls and throw them out of the pit and then expect us to collect them all and bring them back to him. Now he likes to do slam dunks and then clap for himself and when he throws the balls out he will go collect them himself. He is quite the ball lover, they are all over the apartment, and he can throw them very well. He also kicks them around like he is playing soccer. It will be interesting to see which sports if any he chooses to play. Todd wants him to play soccer but I am not a big fan of it. I think it is just because I don't understand all the rules, I mean I know the object is to get the ball in the goal, but the offsides and stuff I don't know about. Maybe I can watch the world cup and learn about it. We both want him to play baseball, but I think Todd is a lilttle disappointed because it would appear that Mason is going to be a righty, unlike both Todd and I, so Todd says he can't play first base now! Maybe he will be a pitcher, he has quite a little arm on him, watchout!! Tonight I have been preparing for our day trip tomorrow. We are heading down south to the Oregon Garden and Silver Falls State Park. Hopefully we will have time for everything, if not we will have to go back another day! Silver Falls has 10 different waterfalls, four of them you can walk behind!! I am excited for that. We will be taking tons of pictures for sure so I will be sure to share them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Silver Falls State Park sounds like fun! I want to go!! Now you have me curious! It's too late (early?!) to call you to ask where this place is, so I guess I will have to "Google" it!
.....up waiting for Mask to come back in--otherwise he will cry for hours at the back door!....
Have a great time and take lots of photos!! (like I have to tell you that!--Hey I heard you got a new camera???)
Love you! ~Mom

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home