Thursday, June 29, 2006

A true homemaker

So it is finally official, I am no longer working. Well being a mom is lots of work, but I no longer work for Menlo Logistics. When Todd went back to school on Monday I needed to change my schedule from 6am-10am to 5:30am-8:30am so that I could watch Mason and Sierra while Todd was at school. Originally I was told that this would be ok, but apparently after thinking about it, it was decided that I was needed four hours a day, not three. I was not willing to give up Todd going back to school so that I could work at this job for a few more months and so as of Wednesday I am officially no longer their employee!! And I am overjoyed!!! That job has been the most difficult job I have ever had, not because of the work that I had to do, but because of the people I had to deal with, management mainly. It was definantly the worst management EVER! But all is well, I don't have to deal with them anymore. I am excited to be able to be home full-time now and to feel like a true homemaker. Todd's comment when I came home after the meeting I had with them Wednesday morning that made it offical was, "So does this mean that the house is going to be a lot cleaner now?!" On my first day as a "true homemaker" I have enjoyed sleeping in, I consider 7am sleeping in when you consider I was getting up at 5am. I did a load of laundry and for the first time in a long time folded and put it away fresh out of the dryer instead of waiting until half the load had been pulled out and worn to take care of the rest of the wrinkled mess. I have emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, sorted through Mason's clothes to get the ones he doesn't fit into anymore out of the closet and drawer, and by lunch time I already had a plan for dinner. I have also taken a cat nap while Mason watched Go Diego Go and read through some of the scrapbook magazines that I checked out at the library. This might not sound like much, but I think for the morning of my first day full time at home it is pretty good. For the afternoon I have some errands planned and maybe a trip to the park and then get dinner ready. And I have a lot of organinzing and moving stuff around in Mason's room so tomorrow I can get my scrapbooking desk!! I am definantly going to enjoy being at home full time! Well I better get back to work while Mason naps, because before I know it he will be awake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home