Friday, September 29, 2006

"NO"

I think it is so amazing how much little ones grow and develop each day. One day Mason will just start saying or doing something that he never did before. It is amazing that they can understand so much more than they can communicate to us. Mason has a few new words that he says, "Again" he can say all of his numbers 1-10 but doesn't usually do them in order, like if he hears 5 will say 6, 7, 8, when he falls down he says, "I'm OK," he is finally saying Mommy and using it to address me, he says "ball" says and signs airplane, and our least favorite word he has learned, "NO." He usually only says no when I give him something to eat that he doesn't want, he hasn't learned to say it to us when we ask him to do something. He still is completely obsessed with trains and says choo choo train whenever he hears or sees one. He also will make the chugga chugga sound, very precious. He loves to play with his trains on the window sill and could do it for hours on end! He also has a new favorite toy, a shape sorter from Chin. He is getting to be a big boy and I have learned that I can't take my eyes off him for too long or he might get himself into trouble! Yesterday we were at the park with a friend from the ward and her kids and we were talking as the girls were eating their candy necklaces and Mason decided that he wanted to go play on the play structure. He climbed up the stairs, went on the bridge and started playing there. Then the next thing I know I look over and I can't see him anywhere but I can hear him start to whimper. I got up and ran over to the part of the play structure I couldn't see and found him holding on to the play structure hanging by one arm. He must have tried to go down the twisty fire pole and wasn't quite able to reach it! I told Todd when he got home, it would have been such a cute picture to scrapbook, but what kind of Mom would I be if I ran to get the camera instead of getting Mason down! Mason will be starting Nursery on October 8th and we are excited about that. I hope that he won't cry and if he does that it won't be too much! Well we are heading off to the beach for the weekend, so I gotta go finish packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home